Do you want to rank high up in any search engine’s rankings? If you do, you need quality links. There’s no way around it. Granted, the thought of getting high-quality links can seem ominously far away, but there’s a method to the madness and we have put together a straight-forward checklist of link-building techniques that you can just come back to every time you wonder what strategies to employ in order to get those back-links you long for.
But first, get your technical SEO right.
No matter what link-building techniques you employ, your plan will most definitely fall through if you’re technical SEO is not on point.
There are a tonne of tools out there that can help you with your technical SEO, so just check that one off at all points and you’re good to go.
What are the link-building techniques you need?
There are all sorts of content out there, and most content may not fall within the framework of a carefully strategised SEO plan. When it does, you can see it in the quality of the content made available. That’s the kind of content you want to inspire yourself with.
So here’s the ultimate list of link-building techniques as promised.
Curate useful content
The idea is simple. If you have useful, informative and interesting content, the chances of people linking back to you are high. So what kind of content should you create?
- Curate top lists like this one
- Curate useful ‘evergreen’ content
- Produce case studies
- Write guest blogs on other sites
- Write reviews and comparisons
- Interview people to ensure a link back to you
- Become a guest on podcasts
Leverage the power of Social Media
Social Media can be a great way to make your presence felt far and wide. Here are a few ways you can use social media to help you with your links as a great link-building technique.
- Promote your content on social media
- Insert social sharing plug-ins on your pages
- Share your informative content on discussion forums
- Create quizzes that motivate people to share results on the social media profiles
- Link to others and eventually they might link back to you.
Make the most of Marketing as a link-building technique
If you want to be linked back to, why not make the best of marketing and branding to get people to link back to your site? Here are a few ideas:
- Host contests and giveaways
- Write testimonials for relevant products in exchange for a link
- Reach out to people you know
- Buy backlinks through paid posts
- Run a search for brand or name mentions
- Get yourself interviewed
- Barter links
Submit your links on other relevant platforms
Coming to the most straightforward link-building technique – submissions.
- Get listed in relevant directories, business listings of catalogues
- Submit creatives – infographics, ebooks, leaflets on sites like Pinterest, Scribd and others
- Create and share videos on YouTube or Vimeo
- Write Wikipedia articles
So, are you ready to build your SEO strategy? If you’ve tried one of these link-building techniques, we’d love to hear how it worked out for you. Stay tuned to our blog for more tips and, in the meantime, have a great time strategising!