What is Content Curation?
Content curation is a delicate blend of finding content that your audience cares about and the value your business provides. This thought builds your content core.
As a content curator make it your goal to curate and share content that your audience will enjoy and benefit from.
Types of content for your audience:
Identify what type of content your audience prefers in order to provide them with the best content.
The best way to do so is by quizzes or polls.
Once you’ve identified what resonates with your audience, you can curate your content around that.
To check what your audience likes you can go through your news feed history not more than six months back. You can monitor the response trends of your audience.
If you notice an increase in engagement when you posted a video then you should focus on curating video content.
Things to be mindful of while curating content:
1. Curate your content from a reputable source
No one looks forward to reading a poor, boring or inaccurate article.
The best way to provide accurate information is by checking your sources.
Use the MozBar plugin for Chrome to help you check if your content is coming from a reputable source.
2. Match your content with your brand
Always be mindful of your content.
Keep in mind that it should complement your brand.
Your article should any questions that are posed. Your content should be easy to read and process.
Where to find content?
These are a few resources to help you:
- RSS readers: You can gather many feeds from this platform. Make sure to gather feeds that your audience will consistently enjoy.
- BuzzSumo: If you are looking for highly shared and trending content, this is your platform.
- Google Alerts: Sign up on Google Alerts for topics your audience care about.
- Forums and groups: Online forum groups like Quora, Inbound.org or other niche related forums are perfect to find trending topics. You ought to categorize your social feeds too just like you do for your RSS and Google alert feeds.
- Sign up for emails: Signing up for emails is another way to curate content. Make sure you check the content quality before you pass it out to your audience.
Finding Curated Content is all about research. You need to read the content before sharing it with your audience. These healthy practices will take your content and your business further. All you need to do is put in the effort to understand your audience and curate content that will appeal to your audience. Your effort will help boost your business.